Ramadan in Kampong Glam
For the fasting season of Ramadan, the holiest month in the Islamic calendar, we’ve put together a very special tour of the Royal Malay and Muslim enclave of Kampong Glam.
While Muslims fast from dawn to sundown during this period, in the later afternoon the area comes alive with food stalls of every type of halal food imaginable. In addition to experiencing the joy and vibrancy of this time of year, this will also be the opportunity to:
● Learn how pilgrims prepare for the once-in-lifetime Hajj
● Listen to tales of royal palaces, mosques and gardens
● See drapes of lush fabrics and Malay kebayas, glittering gemstones and crystals
● Smell decadent perfumes and frankincense
● Play traditional games such as 5-stones
The tour will end with a typical communal meal of rice and curries where you will learn how to eat with your hands - truly a feast for all your senses.